Massachusetts Dietetics in Health Care Communities ,DHCC, (formerly Consultant Dietitians in Health Care Facilities), is an organization of nutrition professionals providing expert food and nutrition services. MA DHCC is an affiliate of the national organization DHCC, a practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
“The Massachusetts Dietetics in Health Care Communities is dedicated to educating and supporting the registered dietitians (RD) and diet technicians (DTR) who specialize in caring for residents in extended care communities (nursing & rehabilitation centers, assisted living centers, group homes, and correctional institutions) as the experts in the delivery of food and nutrition care.”
Executive Board Members 2017-2018
- Chair: Danielle Luther-Loss, RDN, LDN- Madhcc.Chair@gmail.com
- Chair Elect: Coreyann K. Poly, PhD, MEd, CDE, RD, LD/N –Coreyann.email@example.com
- Past Chair: Sadia Kazimi, MS, RD, LDN – Sadiakazimi@gmail.com
- Treasurer: Christine Robinson, M.Ed, RD, LDN- Christine.Robinson44@gmail.com
- Secretary: Lisa Ciarametaro, RDN, LDN- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Master: Heather Wilson, MEd, RDN, LDN – Heather.Wilson2@goldenliving.com
Executive Board members must also be members of National DHCC. Eligible for 3 CEUs per year for holding an elected office in a DPG. (Continuing Professional Educational Activity: 190. Professional Leadership)
- Chair: Three year commitment: year 1 – Chair-Elect, year 2 – Chair and year 3 – Past Chair. Chair receives $1000 remuneration upon completion of term as Chair, Co-Chair receives $500 remuneration
- Secretary: Elected biannually to serve for two (2) years. Secretary receives $200 remuneration upon completion of Secretary each year.
- Treasurer: Elected biannually to serve for two (2) years. Treasurer receives $200 remuneration upon completion of Treasurer each year.
- Web Manager: Elected biannually to serve for two (2) years. Web Manager receives $200 remuneration upon completion of Web Manager each year.
- All Executive Board Members (including elect positions) have free membership to MA DHCC including full day September meeting
- Executive Board Members get complimentary 1 year of free membership to MA DHCC (excluding full day September meeting) after completing their term as a board member
- All Planning Members – have free membership to MADHCC upon completion of a planned meeting –applicable to the following year’s membership fees
With these changes, we are hoping to entice many of you to join the board of directors and/or planning committee.
Volunteering as member of Planning Committee
Education program for the upcoming fiscal year is planned in the spring with the Planning Committee and the Executive Board. For each meeting, two members volunteer to plan and coordinate. Consider volunteering as a member of the Planning Committee, or helping this committee with various small tasks, such as registration desk, organize and/or procure refreshments or just sharing some ideas. Everyone is welcome to attend the Planning Committee Meeting in the spring just to find out what goes on behind the scenes. Keep in mind that part of team work; many hands make light work. Many of these positions can be shared with a friend or colleague. Please feel free to speak to any of the Executive Board Members.